Speaking of where the times goes
, these are my current projects:
comments powered by
- Overseeing MSc students' research.
- Samira Abdi: using IR to cluster events in project histories.
- Jeremy Handcock: visual awareness tools for developers.
- Carolyn MacLeod: patterns of mistakes in novices' use of concurrency analysis tools.
- Overseeing a proposal for a Professional Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Overseeing DrProject.
- Steering development work (done by Jeff Balogh, Nick Jamil, Kosta Zabashta, and Qiyu Zhu).
- Front-line administration and tech support.
- Writing a paper about its evolution and architecture.
- Surveying how scientists use computers for The MathWorks (with Janice Singer).
- Updating the Software Carpentry notes.
- Converting to wiki format (with Luke Petrolekas).
- Adding MATLAB examples (with Tina Yee).
- Adding eight to ten more lectures.
- Co-authoring a "CS-1 in Python" textbook (with Jennifer Campbell, Paul Gries, and Jason Montojo).
- Studying how much of the design of project portals is due to different requirements, and how much is accidents of history (with Jordi Cabot).
- Co-editing special issue of Computing in Science & Engineering on software engineering and computational science (with Andy Lumsdaine).
- Updating course notes for CSC301: Introduction to Software Engineering (which I'm teaching again this fall).
- Recruiting students for CSC490: Computer Science Capstone (which I'm also teaching this fall).
- Day-to-day administration for our 19 summer interns.