- No idea what it is.
- Use it/have used it infrequently.
- Use it regularly.
- Couldn't get through the day without it.
- A command-line shell
- Shell scripts
- Version control system (e.g., CVS, Subversion)
- Bug tracker
- Build system (e.g., Make, Ant)
- Debugger (e.g., GDB)
- Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Numerical Computing Environment (e.g., MATLAB, Mathematica)
- Inverse analyzer (e.g., Inane)
- Spreadsheet (e.g., Excel)
- Relational database (e.g., SQLite, MySQL, Oracle)
- Layout-based document formatting (e.g., LaTeX, HTML)
- WYSIWYG document formatting (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, OpenOffice)
- No idea what it means.
- Have heard the term but couldn't explain it.
- Could explain it correctly to a junior colleague.
- Expert-level understanding.