Government 2.0 Project Selection
It's taken a little longer than planned, but what doesn't? Here are the projects the students in our Government 2.0 consulting course have chosen to work on this term:
- SMS for managing queues at government offices---give it your cell phone number, and it'll text you as your turn to be served comes up.
- A "where should I live?" tool that scores potential homes by what's within walking distance.
- Privacy auditing for a medical records management tool used at homeless shelters.
- Dredging the web to find farmers' markets and independents selling fresh produce in the greenbelt.
- Visualizing traffic accident data.
- Crowdsourcing translation of city information pamphlets and other small documents.
- Comparing individual homes' energy consumption with neighborhood averages.
Our next deadline is November 2, when students will be presenting their ideas at the City of Toronto Innovation Showcase.
comments powered by