Now that Software Carpentry Version 4
is a go, I've moved most blogging about scientific software development over to http://softwarecarpentry.wordpress.com
. Recent highlights include:
- You can now follow Software Carpentry's progress on Twitter as @swcarpentry.
- I'm helping teach a course on analyzing next-generation sequencing data at Michigan State University at the end of May.
- Some thoughts on online course delivery.
- Some more thoughts on instructional design. (These two posts are mostly actually pleas for help.)
- The announcement that the course bibliography is online.
- A discussion of what's missing from that bibliography.
- My analysis of the pros and cons of various formats for the course material. Much to my own surprise, LaTeX is the frontrunner...