Another good post from Mark Guzdial, this one reporting on a CS education conference he's attending. Among the talks was one summarizing seven non-myths about computing, i.e., things that people sometimes claim are myths, but which are actually true:
- Programming is boring.
- You have to sit in front of a computer all day.
- You have to work long hours.
- Programming is asocial.
- Programming is for those who think logically.
- Software is being outsourced.
- Programming is a well-paid profession.