How to Teach Webcraft and Programming to Free-Range Students What do we know about how novices learn webcraft and programming, why do we believe it, and how can we apply that knowledge to free-range learners? Right now, people all over the world are learning how to write programs and create web sites, but or every one who is doing it in a classroom there are a dozen free-range learners. This group will focus on how we, as mentors, can best help them. Topics will include:
- What does research tell us about how people learn?
- Why are the demographics of programming so unbalanced?
- What best practices in instructional design are relevant to free-range learners?
- What skills do people need in order to bake their own web?
- How are grassroots groups trying to teach these things now?
- What's working and what isn't?