Inspired (as always) by Geeky Mom, here are:
Five things I'm thankful for this week:
- Tobogganing with my daughter (I got to go four times, and I got to be the toboggan on a couple of runs).
- A warm house afterward.
- And warm food.
- Stark Tower Defense.
- Public libraries.
Five things I want to do
- Catch up with Software Carpentry email.
- Take my Australian visitors out for dinner (this will be a lot easier than #1).
- Write my daughter a "science fairies" story. (If I had more time, it'd be a story about a robot fairy princess pirate dinosaur ninja from outer space who plays guitar, but I gotta be realistic here...)
- Put together a five-minute talk explaining why a tool to merge PowerPoint slide decks is a key enabler of a better-than-MOOCs future for education.
- Finish reading The Last Policeman.
Five interesting things I found this week:
- "Invisible Animals"
- "How to Cut a Pizza"
- "The Cambist and Lord Iron"
- "Data Sharing and Management Snafu in Three Short Acts"
- "America's Real Criminal Element: Lead"