I think this is really valuable work; it'd be great to see it repeated with new grad students...
- I must prove I am smart, productive and write quality code from day 1.
- I must do everything by myself.
- I must fix all bugs I personally find in the code.
- Don't ask questions.
- It compiles, therefore it works. If it has bugs...well, that's what testers are for.
- I know when I get stuck.
- It can't be the bug repro instructions, it must be me.
- My self-worth is directly related to how much I coded today.