## Product Management
- The product manager manages the feature list
- What hurts to do?
- What can't we do at all?
- Discussions with users (including potential future users)
- Observation (which often contradicts what they say)
- A roadmap for the product's evolution
## Complexity Budget
- Most features are never used by most people
ls -- list directory contents
ls [-ABCFGHLOPRSTUW@abcdefghiklmnopqrstuwx1%] [file ...]
- So "improving" doesn't always mean "adding features" [
Managing Research Software Projects