The Week in Review
Things I did this week that I was supposed to:
- Give a talk at the NRC on empirical software engineering and computational science.
- Submit grades for this term's courses.
- File my income tax return.
Things I didn’t do that I really needed to:
- File an expense claim.
- Start article for American Scientist.
- Revise at least one lecture for Software Carpentry.
- Send papers for the CiSE special issue on software engineering for computational science out for review.
- Send out a follow-up to the survey of how scientists use computers.
Things I hadn’t planned to do that were worth doing:
- Write a handful of blog posts about things that matter to me. (Did lots of email in the background about women in open source as well.)
Things that I did that I really shouldn’t have wasted time on:
Here’s hoping next week will be more productive…