Interim Steering Committee Meeting: Dec 16, 2014
Software Carpentry Foundation Interim Board Meeting: Dec 16, 2014
- Greg Wilson (Software Carpentry Foundation)
- Katy Huff (University of California - Berkeley)
- Neil Chue Hong (Software Sustainability Institute)
- Damien Irving (University of Melbourne)
- Tracy Teal (Data Carpentry / Michigan State)
- Jenny Bryan (UBC)
- Carole Goble (U. Manchester)
- Kaitlin Thaney (Mozilla Science Lab) joined late
- Adam Stone (LBL)
- DI to get example of personal services contract for GW from Mozilla Science Lab.
- GW to get example of personal services contract for GW from NumFOCUS.
- GW to draft blog post on how to stand for election and what being elected will involve based on DI's outline.
- GW to ask if NumFOCUS staff can act as returning officer for Jan 2015 election.
- GW to circulate names of other potential Advisory Council members.
- GW to circulate list of current members of Software Carpentry Foundation.
- KH to check consistency between document describing Steering Committee roles and other documents.
- Establish interim budget committee consisting of JG, TT, and KH with GW attending as Executive Director
- Approve guidelines for election drafted by DI
- Adopt Steering Committee roles outlined by KH:
- Vice Chair
Amend Governance document to allow co-opted appointed members of the Advisory Council drawn from the wider community by amending clause 5 to include the additional sub-clause:
The Advisory Council may decide to co-opt additional persons to the Advisory Council from the wider community at any time, with a default term of one year. The number of co-opted members shall not exceed the number of partners and affiliates represented on the Advisory Council. Co-option shall be done by majority vote of the Steering Committee.
- Next meeting date: Jan 6, 2015
- Establishment of interim budget committee
- Discussion of proposed budget for 2015
- Focus on recruiting affiliates
- Challenge: arranging extra sustained coordination effort for arranging workshops
- Steering committee election
- Discussion of nomination and voting process drafted by DI
- Discussion of guidelines for nominees drafted by DI
- Discussion of need for a returning officer
- Discussion of invited members of the Advisory Council
- Defer inviting people to join AC until we know who's standing for election
- Discussion of Steering Committee roles
- Defer discussion of Advisory Council roles to next meeting