Harper: Lesson Discovery and Aggregation
After feedback from several people, I have updated the proposal for a lesson discovery and aggregation system (now called “Harper”) and put it in its own page. The key differences between this version and earlier ones are:
- This version is much shorter.
- It describes a workflow people can use to ask authors and instructors to register their lessons.
- It focuses on what instructors would need to re-interpret and remix lessons rather than deliver them as-is.
- Some of the background thinking has been stripped out; if you want the whole story, please see these three posts.
If you can spare 15 minutes, please have a look at the lesson discovery file in the proposal and let me know what you think:
- Would you write one?
- Would you know how to write one?
- Would the people you teach with be willing and able to write one? (This is probably the most important question.)
- Is there anything you absolutely, positively need as an instructor that isn’t included in this proposal?
- Is there anything you believe is unworkable (such as inferring prerequisites from terms that are used but not defined)?